Balto – Dog back brace with handle
WHAT IS IT FOR?
The BT BODY LIFT is a dog back brace that serves 2 specific functions:
1) It is indicated for dogs that have difficulties walking, as a result of a trauma, disease or paralysis, as well as for dogs with motor issues.
2) It is indicated for dogs with spinal issues. The two (removable) rigid splints located in the side pockets stabilize the brace during use as well as compress the proximal area of the spine in cases of a disease in this area, holding it in traction (for example, neurological diseases).
BT BODY LIFT is made of soft, washable, and breathable material.
The height-adjustable handle straps are durable and make it possible to lift even large dogs.
The padded handle grip allows the owner to support the dog without excessive stress on the hands.
The brace is designed to allow the dog to eliminate naturally while wearing it without soiling the brace because the dog’s orifices are not covered by the brace.
Both the handle straps and the splints can be removed.
- Breathable fabric.
- Adjusts for a better fit.
- Can be hand-washed.
- The handle straps can be adjusted for height.
- Body straps can be shortened.
- Rigid lateral splints offer great stability.
SELECTING THE CORRECT SIZE
Measuring your dog:
Measure the distance between the center of the shoulder and the center of the thigh and check it against the table below.
|XS||25-32cm / 9.85-12.6in|
|S||33-39cm / 13-15.7in|
|M||40-49cm / 15.75-19.30in|
|L||50-59cm / 19.68-23.23in|
|XL||Over 60cm / 23.3in|
HOW TO FIT IT THE BRACE
- (1) Position the brace near the dog’s front legs. The front of the brace should touch the armpits of the dog’s front legs.
- (2-3-4) Pull the brace up, around the dog’s trunk and fasten it by pulling the velcro straps through the white guide rings. The number of guide rings varies depending on size.
- (5) Close the front part with a horizontal strap that is pulled through the dedicated white guide ring.
- (6) Starting from the inside, draw the straps around each leg. Pull the strap through the diagonal white guide ring and use the velcro end to lock it into place. Be careful not to over-tighten.
- (7) The length of the handle straps can be adjusted to suit your height. Just loosen the Velcro straps and adjust to make them longer or shorter, allowing you to walk in a natural position alongside the dog.
- (8) Once the brace is in place, it’s time to attach the handle straps. To position the handle grip, locate the dog’s center of gravity so that when you lift the dog, it stays level and doesn’t tilt forward or back.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- During the period of restraint, it is recommended not to leave your dog alone for extended period of time as it could try to remove the brace by biting or scratching it.
- Be careful when putting the brace on male dogs. While wrapping the body strap around the pelvis please ensure that the strap passes well in front of the penis to avoid compression of the urethra.
As your pet has the potential to damage the brace or injure itself, we recommend the supervision of your dog at all times when wearing the brace.
DOWNLOADSView BALTO Product Catalog